Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 rounded border hover in nested li 

Post rounded border hover in nested li
Hi;

First of all THANKS VERY MUCH for developing this, it has solved 9/10 of my IE problems quickly and easily, the last problem I have spent the last 6 hours trying to troubleshoot and fix, hence this post.

I have the typical UL/LI which is used in a drop-down menu, of course the menu works fin in all other browsers but not IE. The problem is that I am using a hover rounded border and after applying pie I am getting a double-border on hover of the <a> element, the inner one is rounded correctly, but there's another un-rounded border appearing as well.

As the code uses only a few element types (ul li a), in order to debug I disabled hover on all related elements using "ul, l, a, {-pie-track-hover:false; behavior: url(/pie.htc); } ". Using this the rounded hover border disappears but the square one refuses to go, even with hover generation disabled on all elements:

<ul>
<li><a>xxx</a>
<ul>
<li><a>xxx</a></li>
<li><a>xxx</a></li>
<li><a>xxx</a></li>
</ul>
</li>

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

Pete

#### EDIT #####
After doing some more testing, it appears that this is related to the border-color:red !important; - seems to be the !important causing the problem.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:13 am

Post Re: rounded border hover in nested li
Yes, this question comes up every so often. PIE has to be able to remove the element's own border in order to replace it with its own rendered border -- by adding !important you prevent PIE from being able to do so.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]