Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Any way to get pie.htc to work on www. 

Post Any way to get pie.htc to work on www.
When I load my website with www. pie doesnt work but if I go to the domain without the www eg mydomain.com pie works, is there a way to get it to work both wit and without www for the same domain?

Thanks very much.

Thu May 17, 2012 11:27 am

Post Re: Any way to get pie.htc to work on www.
Are you including the domain in the behavior url, like

behavior: url(http://mydomain.com/foo/bar/PIE.htc)

If so, remove the domain because it will not work due to the cross-domain loading policy if the user visits using a different subdomain.

Thu May 17, 2012 12:07 pm

jason wrote:
Are you including the domain in the behavior url, like

behavior: url(http://mydomain.com/foo/bar/PIE.htc)

If so, remove the domain because it will not work due to the cross-domain loading policy if the user visits using a different subdomain.

Hey :), no what iv done is included it in the root folder so in the css iv got behavior: url(PIEFOLDER/PIE.htc); thats why im not sure why its not working.

Thu May 17, 2012 1:19 pm

If you visit that URL on both domains directly with your browser, do you get the same response?

Thu May 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi, sorry for the delay replying, I didn't have access to the server until now to check, yes on both urls with www. and without www if I go to the Pie php file in the address bar it diverts to the Pie htc file.

Thanks for your help.

Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 am

Are you able to post the url to your site? I'm out of ideas without looking at it in action.

Fri May 18, 2012 8:50 am

Hey, public access isnt enabled on the server yet until the site is running but the site has a custom os operating the files, sort of loads the files in the header from a specific location (something to do with helping with the seo im told :s) and I think that could be causing it? if that is causing it then I wouldn't be able to change those settings so i created a htaccess file so if someone enters the www it diverts to the non www version and vice versa depending which they prefer www or stay with non www. Does that sound like a viable solution? or am I cutting corners.

Thanks for your help btw, In summary I dont think its pie causing the issue I think its IE9 thinking its loading from a different domain because of the php haders loading from the non www only.

Sat May 19, 2012 12:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]