Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Rounded Tabs with Dropdown on IE7 

Post Rounded Tabs with Dropdown on IE7
Hello,

I'm trying to use CSS3PIE to have a top menu bar (using UL and LIs) with a tab-like interface, similar to the demo on the site, where some of the menu items can have a sub menu (another UL and LIs inside a parent LI).

In testing, I was able to get CSS3PIE to work and everything looked good in IE8, and the styles work fine as-is in IE9, Chrome, and Firefox, but I ran into an issue in IE7, where the sub menus will either appear to the right of the menu item and behind the sibling menu item, or the sub menu will appear horizontally instead of vertically below the menu item.

I am using ASP.NET with CSS Friendly browser adapters (albeit modified), so the HTML that comes out is fairly straightforward. If a change in any of the stylesheets would fix the issue with IE7 (and possibly IE6, I can't test with that right now) without breaking the basic capabilities, I would be grateful. The sample files I've attached are representative of the output from ASP.NET in IE, and not the ASPX file itself.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments:
File comment: The sample page, all the stylesheets, and the PIE.htc file.
Sample.zip [18.75 KiB]
Downloaded 128 times
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Post Re: Rounded Tabs with Dropdown on IE7
Following up, as I appear to have figured it out (as far as IE7 is concerned):

To fix the drop down menu appearing to the right instead of below, in the WebResource2.css, I had to change the sub menu hiding and appearing via DISPLAY and use VISIBILITY instead.

To fix the drop down menu appearing horizontally instead of vertically, also in the WebResource2.css, I had to add logic so that the LIs in the sub menu explicitly had no FLOAT instead of floating left.

Thanks anyways, and hopefully this will be helpful for someone else.

Attachments:
File comment: The updated version of everything, working correctly in IE7.
Sample.zip [18.77 KiB]
Downloaded 119 times
Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]