Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Gradient with transparent 

Post Gradient with transparent
Hi, I've a little problem. I would put a linear-gradient from a color to trasparent.

-pie-background:linear-gradient(#000000, transparent); doesn't work. Can you help me, please?

Thanks

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 am

Post Re: Gradient with transparent
The documentation states this in the context of rgba colors, but the same applies to the 'transparent' keyword: PIE does not yet support non-opaque color stops in gradients. Some level of support is planned for a future release.

BTW, I didn't know this before but I'll mention it here because I find it interesting: apparently other browsers treat 'transparent' as the same as rgba(0,0,0,0) -- so it's actually transparent black. This seems like an academic distinction, but it actually makes a difference in gradients: a gradient from, say, solid red to transparent black is not the same as a gradient from solid red to transparent red. The intermediate colors are very different between the two.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]