[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
CSS3 PIE Forums - View topic - Shadow and IE8 problem each time the page loads
Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Shadow and IE8 problem each time the page loads 

Post Shadow and IE8 problem each time the page loads
I have a slide show that is being run by jquery cycle. Because of certain CMS page features, its position is set only after the page has finished loading. IE8 positions the shadow at the 0, 0 of the body, and not with the slide show, however if the browser is scrolled, the shadow jumps right into place. I have the slide show contained in a wrapper div and the css written in that div on a linked style sheet. The wrapper div has the id="bigSlideShow", and the css is as follows:
#bigSlideShow {
position:relative;
width:601px;
-moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000;
behavior: url(ie_effects/PIE.htc);
margin-top:15px;
margin-left:80px;
}
I tried zoom:1 and also gave it a height, but that does not work. Only scrolling the IE8 browser made it reposition behind the slide show. Any suggestions? No problem with other browsers.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Post Re: Shadow and IE8 problem each time the page loads
I finally solved the problem. If anyone else has same problem, then I'll post the solution.

Tue May 17, 2011 8:25 am

Hi there,
I got the same problem on IE8 every time I reload a page with a box shadow rendered by PIE. I think the error appears when leaving the page. So here is your chance to share your solution with us.
Thanks.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:28 am

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:11 am

hm... so what is your solution for this? If I have a spacer right under body it has to be display: none on startup?

Tried this, but didn't helped.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 am

Go to http://shellslagle.com/ and view source. You set display of the spacer to none on the local page not in the linked style sheet where its height property is set, and then set it back to block in script on local page. You can also us document.read to display none and window. load to display block. Document. ready executes before window.load. I'm no guru, but this css toggle works for me.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 am

Sorry but this seems no solution in my case. Thanks to you!

Anybody else solved this IE8-Reload-Crashing Problem?

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:40 am

When I use the javascript version of PIE, the error is away. Maybe this is my only chance! :(

EDIT: But this only works for 2 shadowed elements. When I have more the error appears again.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:00 am

I'm not using the java script version of PIE. There are over a dozen elements on the home page, and the other pages have about as many. This is a CMS website that the user has the ability to add 99% of everything you see. There is a special text editor that has PIE elements in it. They can upload all their graphics as well as you tube videos. It is a complex website and PIE works like a charm. Sorry your having a problem, but I'm using PIE.htc.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Frustrating problems is there any other solutions? it seems like nothing is working for me

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]