Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 PIE only works on fresh page load 

Post PIE only works on fresh page load
Hi, here is my site that is having the issues: http://tylerdhoffman.com/artspark_wp/ . It's Wordpress but I'm using PIE.php in the parent directory to avoid issues (/artspark_wp/PIE.php). FYI putting the PIE files in the domain root and calling them from there doesn't change this odd behavior I'm seeing. Also I realize when PIE does work correctly it displays the z-index problem but I'll fix that after I fix this. I am using IE9 with compatibility view to test IE7 and IE8. I'm using PIE to get rounded edges for the border on the "Schedule" table, on the home page most recent post.

What I'm seeing is if the cache is totally virgin, on the first page load PIE works as intended (with z-index bug, I know) but upon leaving and revisiting or refesh PIE no longer works. Clear cache for the domain and refresh, it works again. Ad nauseam.

Solutions or explanations? I'd really like to get rounded borders working for the schedule tables (which there will be a lot of, and variable sizes). Thanks!

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Post Re: PIE only works on fresh page load
Firstly, a word of warning about using IE9's browser mode switcher for testing: it's not very reliable. I highly recommend using one of the other methods discussed at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1206

But I do see the same issue on a real IE8 so that isn't the problem here. ;) I don't know what the cause is unfortunately. I'm curious if you see the same issue if you use PIE on elements other than <table>?

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Post Re: PIE only works on fresh page load
I'm currently seeing the same issue with H2s and labels (seemingly everything). Unfortunately the only version of IE I have available to test with is IE8.

This same problem also occurs with ie-css3 (http://fetchak.com/ie-css3/), so maybe this is an IE8 bug?

Unfortunately this isn't available on a public test site at the moment, but any pointers on how I might go about debugging would be helpful.

Thanks.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]