Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 CSS3 Pie and Jquery Masonry problem? 

Post CSS3 Pie and Jquery Masonry problem?
Has anyone used on a page both the jQuery Masonry plugin and the CSS3 Pie?
I am working on a wordpress site and I got the PIE to work on all elements, except the ones where Masonry is used.

I am attaching a photo - the right column has no Masonry and the backgrounds have border-radius and the headings have negative margin-top. Both work fine.
Left and middle columns use Masonry for arranging. The negative margin-top doesn;t work and the heading doesn't want to escape above the container. In the photo the border-radius isn't applied to PIE because if I do the Masonry doesn't work and all elements are shown in one single column , with the first 2 elements having incorrect layouts inside (correct from the third down).

The masonry jquery plugin requires all blocks to have fixed width the size of the desired column. That includes all margins and paddings. I'm guessing the PIE somehow increases this width so the boxes now take up more than one column , thus there is no space to put a second column.

As for the negative margin-top - it might not be Masonry related. In the right column, the heading is a SPAN element, while in the left I have a DIV block element.

A third problem is the font display - in the right column fonts are displayed well, while in the other two only the headings in the blue boxes look OK, while the rest of the text is weird... This is PIE-related probably, as I had similar problems in other layers on the site, which were fixed by redeclaring the font-face property in them. This didn;t work here though.

Attachments:
css3pie-problem.jpg [58.12 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]