Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 IE7 background image clipping 

Post IE7 background image clipping
Hi there,

I'm not sure if it's related to this : http://css3pie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=534&p=1869&hilit=IE7+background+images#p1869
But I'm experiencing a problem with IE7 and background images.
In the screen-shot I'm joining to this message, the above content background is compound with 3 images : small dots at left top repeat-x, noisy texture repeated both x and y, and folded corner image at bottom right no-repeated.

I tryied several things on this bottom-right image, like different sizes, with or without transparent pixels on image borders etc... no luck.

Do you there have an idea on what is it ? problem with the content rounded-corner ?

Sincerely.

Attachments:
IE7-Pie-background-problem.png [110.95 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:34 am

Post Re: IE7 background image clipping
I'm having the exact same problem, and it's related to the rounded corner function. My CSS-code:

Code:
.box {
 padding: 10px;
 border: 1px solid #FAAFAA;
 margin-bottom:15px;
 background:#FEEFEE url('/img/icons/error.png') 3% 50% no-repeat;
 -moz-border-radius: 10px;
 -webkit-border-radius: 10px;
 border-radius: 10px;
 behavior: url(/css/ie/PIE.htc);
}

Attached image show exactly what's going wrong. Things go wron in IE7 as well as IE8.

Attachments:
roundedcorners.jpg [25.59 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:30 am

gijsbert123 wrote:
I'm having the exact same problem, and it's related to the rounded corner function. My CSS-code:

I'm not sure about this. Commenting the border-radius line in the css file for the element supporting the multiple background don't fix the problem.

Looking at the screen-shot I joined in the first message in this thread, the bottom line and the right first line of the image are repeated top an left.
The rendered image is 1 pixel wider and 1 pixel highter than the one provided by the css.

I don't have this issue on IE8.

Sincerely

EDIT : I fixed the problem with a workaround while adding empty lines, 1px, top, right, bottom, left, in the image loaded for IE7 and IE8 by -pie-background.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:03 am

Hi Brunus,

Can you give me an example of your css? Or an url with a small testpage? That would be nice :)

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:11 am

gijsbert123 wrote:
Hi Brunus, Can you give me an example of your css? Or an url with a small testpage? That would be nice :)

It's a local developpement, I can only show you the involved css code and join my modified images for IE7 and IE8.
#content is the element supporting 3 background images in the screen-shot joined to my first message.

Code:
#content {
    margin-top:62px;
    background:url('images/puce-black.png') top center repeat-x, url('images/folded-corner.png') bottom right no-repeat, url('images/content-noise.png') repeat;
    background-color:#FFF;
    margin-top: 60px;
    width: 926px;
    z-index: 2;
    border-radius:0 0 15px 15px;
}
html.ie7 #content,
html.ie8 #content{
    -pie-background:url('images/puce-black.png') top center repeat-x, url('images/folded-corner-IE78.png') bottom right no-repeat,  url('images/content-noise.png') repeat;
    behavior: url(PIE/PIE.htc);
}

The folded-corner.png image don't have empty lines like the folded-corner-IE78.png joined to this message.
Has you can see, we use to put ie7, ie8 or even ie9 classes on the html element.

Sincerely.

Attachments:
folded-corner-IE78.png [1.44 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:34 am

Brunus wrote:
gijsbert123 wrote:
Hi Brunus, Can you give me an example of your css? Or an url with a small testpage? That would be nice :)

It's a local developpement, I can only show you the involved css code and join my modified images for IE7 and IE8.
#content is the element supporting 3 background images in the screen-shot joined to my first message.

Code:
#content {
    margin-top:62px;
    background:url('images/puce-black.png') top center repeat-x, url('images/folded-corner.png') bottom right no-repeat, url('images/content-noise.png') repeat;
    background-color:#FFF;
    margin-top: 60px;
    width: 926px;
    z-index: 2;
    border-radius:0 0 15px 15px;
}
html.ie7 #content,
html.ie8 #content{
    -pie-background:url('images/puce-black.png') top center repeat-x, url('images/folded-corner-IE78.png') bottom right no-repeat,  url('images/content-noise.png') repeat;
    behavior: url(PIE/PIE.htc);
}

The folded-corner.png image don't have empty lines like the folded-corner-IE78.png joined to this message.
Has you can see, we use to put ie7, ie8 or even ie9 classes on the html element.

Sincerely.

Quote:
Hello Brunus, I've been puzzling for hours, but can't get it to work in IE7. Would you like to troubleshoot that issue for me? I can sent you a small testpage with all css included. Hope you're willing to help me out.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:48 pm

gijsbert123 wrote:
Hello Brunus, I've been puzzling for hours, but can't get it to work in IE7. Would you like to troubleshoot that issue for me? I can sent you a small testpage with all css included. Hope you're willing to help me out.

I will have a look at your test-page, but it can take a couple of days, I'm really overloaded with work.
I will send you my adress mail in Private Message.

I suggest you try to post it also on the css3PIE forum or to ask for help on #css IRC chanel, perhaps you will have answers faster than by me.

Sincerely.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]