[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
CSS3 PIE Forums - View topic - Strange behavior with new PIE1.0beta release
Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Strange behavior with new PIE1.0beta release 

Post Strange behavior with new PIE1.0beta release
Hi all,
I am experiencing a strange problem with the release of PIE1.0beta 5. I have a website that I have been using for a long time (a year +). I am using 'tabs' on the center of the page to hold variuos pieces on info. I started using PIEbeta4 when it was released. When PIEbeta5snapshot was released (I beleive 05/22/2011), I dropped that in so that I could add gradient support. All worked well; no code was added to the css except for gradients & box shadows.

When PIEbeta5 was released, I dropped that in. This is where the strange part begins. All browsers (FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and IE9) work fine, but IE8 loses its border radius on the tabs. No code was changed in the css (except for the htc file, of course)!

I have provided below, two links to demonstrate (as you will see, the only difference is that index.html references main.css while beta5index.html references beta5main.css):

http://www.cmbclubrc.com/index.html (uses PIE1.0beta5snapshot.htc , also works with PIE1.0beta4)

http://www.cmbclubrc.com/beta5index.html (uses PIE1.0beta5.htc)

The css 'tab' support starts ~ line 215. As, I have pointed out, the first also works with PIE1.0beta4. If anyone has any ideas or can point out where I have gone wrong, I would appreciate it. Also, sorry for the long post...

ps: I'm using 'position relative' on the affected elements
I'm serving the htc file properly
I'm using 'z-index' on the tabs.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 am

Post Re: Strange behavior with new PIE1.0beta release
Looks like your beta5 CSS is requesting http://www.cmbclubrc.com/js/PIE1.0beta5.htc, which doesn't exist?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:55 am

Post Re: Strange behavior with new PIE1.0beta release
Actually, the file is there!

I contacted my isp and they said the file had no allow permissions on it (Apache linux). I don't know how that happened since I work from a Windows machine. The file was removed and I resubmitted it and IE8 is working (as it's supposed to).

However, I now notice that in IE9, if you change the focus on the page (click anywhere outside the tabs) the highlighting goes away. It didn't do that previously (i.e. PIE1.0beta4 or PIE1.0beta5snapshot). Beta5 just doesn't like me for some reason (and I haven't changed any code)!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]