[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
CSS3 PIE Forums - View topic - css3pie.com not working in IE7
Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 css3pie.com not working in IE7 

Post css3pie.com not working in IE7
Hi,

I've been using css3pie for a while. I always test my site in IE6-8 in IETester in a virtual Windows XP machine and everything seemed fine.
Today I tested it on an actual Windows XP IE7 machine. Unfortunately, the css3pie styles are not shown (other styles disappear when css3pie is loaded) and IE actual returns an JavaScript error and IE crashes.

I then tried to open http://www.css3pie.com on that machine and got the same result (without the crash). The css3pie styles are not shown and I get a JS error.

See attachment. The machine is set to Spanish language. The error says "'colors' is null or not an object."

Does anybody has an idea what's going on??

Windows XP SP3 (Don't get confused by the mac theme. ;))
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

Thanks!!

Attachments:
css3pie.jpg [96.61 KiB]
Downloaded 892 times
Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Post Re: css3pie.com not working in IE7

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi Jason,

thanks for your fast reply and sorry for my slow response!
Haven't gotten an email notification, that's why I didn't see your reply. (Changed the setting now.)

Anyway, I'm happy to help debugging that thing.
I guess the best is to grab the html and css stuff from your homepage and build the .htc from the latest github master source, right?

Gonna try to do that and apply your change tomorrow.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Actually I think I'm just gonna make a simple html page with one div and round corners first. border-radius is really the only thing I use and which already causes an error in that IE7, but works in my virtual one.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Yeah that sounds great, the simpler the testcase the better.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Bad news,
just tried that simple div with border-radius case. Works in my virtual IE7, doesn't in the real IE7.
The bad news is, that IE doesn't throw any JS errors. :-(

When opening the page in the real IE7, the div with its background is shown for a split second (WITHOUT round corners) and then without the background. You're just left with the text.

The same effect like I saw on the css3pie homepage and in my application.

Here's my test code:
https://github.com/steffen/css3pietest

Regarding the speed and the graphics of the real machine. It is in fact a pretty old one. From around 2003: Intel Pentium M 1.5 GMHz, Intel 855GME chipset (integrated graphics), 512 MB RAM.

I wouldn't worry too much about IE on old machines if my website weren't for Latin America. I have seen the site work on old computers though.

It would be cool if we at least could figure out, how to prevent the disappearance of all the background colors. If the css3 effects don't work on those machines, I could live with that.

Thanks!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 am

Was this issue resolved in the end?

Thanks,
Frank

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:50 am

Not that I know of. :|

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:13 am

Ouch - shouldn't this be in the "known issues" section?

Jason - any updated feedback on this issue?

Thanks guys,
Frank

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:02 am

I'm currently working on adding an up-front detection for VML support, and short-circuiting PIE's execution if support is not present.

This *shouldn't* be necessary, but as some users have found, some small percentage of IE7 installs (perhaps due to some problem during an upgrade from 6) do not have VML working. This affects not only PIE but also any other libraries using VML including RaphaelJS, ExCanvas, etc. (If someone finds this statement is not true, and PIE fails but these others work, please let me know!)

Disabling PIE for these users seems the best approach, as it will then just fall back to the plain non-rounded corners etc. rather than removing backgrounds and borders. Once this is in place I'll definitely make a mention of it in the docs, emphasizing that it seems to affect very few users.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next