Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Divs not display correctly until repaint 

Post Divs not display correctly until repaint
I've having an issue where some containing divs to which border-radius and/or box-shadow (I've tried taking on or the other out, happens with either) are applied aren't displaying correctly. It initially looks like this:
http://img824.imageshack.us/i/css3piebug1.jpg/

but then displays correctly:
http://img153.imageshack.us/i/css3piebug2.jpg/

after any repaint - even moving the mouse over one of the element causes that one to correct itself. As does refreshing.

I've second problem where a containing div to which content is being added by AJAX is displaying fine, then suddenly moves to 0,0 in the viewport. It moves back to the correct location if I e.g. resize the window.

I can't post code at the moment, working to extract the relevant bits from a spaghetti of generated code (it's a Magento site), but though someone might have seen this before?

I've confirmed that position:relative is being applied to the divs in question.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Post Re: Divs not display correctly until repaint
I also need a fix for this i guess..

When i look at my site in IE7 almost all boxes are put position top:0 left:0 en get a very high number width and heigth.
When i resize my browser (big->small->big) all boxes are displayed correcly. But everytime i click something new, the boxes get stranged positioned again, after resizing the browser they get back to normal..

(not to mention how everything looks in IE6.. :p)

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:48 am

@mickohea: see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=369 - it sounds similar to what you're seeing.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:17 am

jason wrote:
@mickohea: see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=369 - it sounds similar to what you're seeing.

I've tried both solutions you gave, but none worked for me.
It only seems to work when i press the "restore down"/"maximize" button. And only some times when i hover the element..

Its only in IE7 (and prolly IE6)

*edit* sometimes when i hover it shows, but it shows wrong (left/top attr wrong, or to large,..) only the resize window button works.

Can you help pls?

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 am

@GirlKillu: do you have a URL where I can see this happening?

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:38 am

I don't have the full version online, but you can preview it at

http://tropicana-be.acc.agency.be/content/milieu

The images are not showing, but you can see the roundings etc, and the behavior i'm talking about. (compare with IE7 and IE8..) in IE8 you'll see nothing 'strange', when checking in IE7 you'll see scrollbars showing big content and the roundings/shadows are misplaced etc. when pressing the famous resize/maximize button, it pops back to normal

*EDIT* if you check at http://tropicana-be.acc.agency.be/content/know-how and you click on one of the 2 small "buttons" at bottom (you switch the view) i've added your solution adding a class to it when clicking it, so if you click it a few times you'll see some background getting back to its place but still there keeps some misplaced stuff (cause scrollbars are still showing) and it doesn't work when you first click it, you have to clic it twice

(but resizing works the best)

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 am

Can you help me?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:13 am

There is some known bugginess in PIE with dynamically created or toggled content, especially with jQuery it seems. It usually seems to work better in IE8 due to a workaround in place in that version; you might try enabling that workaround for all versions (I'm considering doing that in the main code anyway, possibly with a user-controllable switch.)

To try that, use the PIE_uncompressed.htc file and edit it, changing all lines like:

Code:
if( PIE.ie8DocMode === 8 ) {

to

Code:
if( true ) {

(or just remove the conditionals altogether)

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks. This helps a bit :)

It still isn't 100% fixed. I also used zoom:1 on all elements, and in my jQuery I recalled all ellements bij adding and removing a class to it.

So now you see the elements flash a bit when you click on something.
But when you use the Left/Right arrows to navigate it doesnt seem to work. While this almost calls te same function when you click the thumbnails at the bottom.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:31 am

1)On http://tropicana-be.acc.agency.be/know-how (and other pages to)
Only in IE7 the scrollbars show that there is something invisible with a big size.. You can hover somewhere out of the page down and will see that it will activate the last element.

2)if you go to http://tropicana-be.acc.agency.be/ in IE(8 or 7) and then click on "Producten" you will see that the PIE element behind the active menu(producten) is missplaced.. it is moved to much to the left.
If you resize/scroll the page it pops back to its normal place. they got position:relative, zoom:1, jquery trigger that adds a class to the PIE elements when page is loaded. Nothing seems to help
Strange enough this wasn't happening at the beginning i think, I only noticed it last week.

I also tried your beta4 release you posted here few days back, but gave me the same result.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks!

Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next