Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Working in IE7 but not in IE8 at all 

Post Working in IE7 but not in IE8 at all
Hi,
I've been racking my brain around this and can't find a solution.
All the red buttons and links throughout the site should have rounded corners. The homepage links have rounded corners in IE7, so can't understand why those links don't have rounded corners in IE8.

http://sandbox.intrepidrealist.com/lamaraheartwell

The corners aren't rounded on either IE7 or IE8 on this page:

http://sandbox.intrepidrealist.com/lama ... ell/events

I've added position: relative and z-indexes to parent elements where it doesn't affect the layout and it's still not working.

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Post Re: Working in IE7 but not in IE8 at all
Anybody?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi,
Anybody willing to help me? Or at least convince me that my post isn't invisible? If I'm not following proper question procedure please let me know. :?

Anyway, It now seems that I'm getting the rounded corners some of the time in IE8. I have to refresh many times. I get rounded corners, then they'll disappear upon another refresh. It's very intermittent. Could it be a javascript conflict with the Layer Slider I'm using? Because I'm not having any problems getting rounded corners on other pages and I don't have that script in the head on those pages.

Thanks!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 am

Your post is not invisible. I've looked briefly at your pages and wasn't able to come up with any obvious answer.

It's possible there's a conflict with that other script.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks Jason,
Looks like loads of folks have looked and were befuddled.
Well, I deactivated the Layer Slider plugin on the site (it's Wordpress) and guess what?
CSS3pie worked!
So it's the slider. I'll hit the developer with some questions over at Code Canyon.

Thanks for reaffirming my visibility!

Cheers!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:29 pm

I doubt its the slider itself, since i got the same slider, and i managed to make it working in all IE.

It is however definatly the procedure of when does the js\jquery get loaded. Its very important what happens first. In ideal the pie.js should load after all other elements, so execute and download itself on the end of all js\jquery. However i highly doubt that happens in wordpress,and in your particular case. I suspect activating plugin for layerslider in wordpress automaticly adds its respectfull js\jquery scripts into the <head> of your template, whilst pie is already loaded probably. Might be the case.

Regards.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:12 am

Hmm...
I looked through the source and couldn't find the pie.js loading. I believe I have to use the javascript version of PIE? I'm just loading PIE.htc and PIE.php.
So maybe not a javascript problem after all?
I'm pretty green on how CSS3PIE actually works. I just load the files and magic happens!

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:30 am

The .htc file basicly has javascript wrapped inside. You can get the basic idea of it if you open the .htc file with text editor such as notepad+ , (open ther uncompressed version). But have actually no idea when does that happen , but i think it happens before all the rest since css\html is probably loaded before all js on the page. I have no idea how do you actually make the .htc file from within css or php to load after js.

To make it work i used the .js version of the PIE. So i could actually make a php script which waits to load all rest needed components and then PIE also i modified the script so that it only loads this if the browser is less then ie9 .

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:30 am

Tomsay's post looks like spam to me.
Anyway, Yuka123, could you elaborate on the script you are using. I think I'm going to have to go the Javascript root for this particular site.
Is there a live site where I can see the source?

Thanks!

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]