CSS3 PIE version 1.0 beta 2 has been released! This release addresses many of the most serious issues present in beta 1. Notable fixes are:
box-shadowrendering has been completely rewritten. The new version no longer uses any filters, which has completely eliminated the very poor performance previously seen when using box shadows, particularly on large elements. It is also much more accurate in the rendering of blurred shadows; it is now indistinguishable from the blur rendering of other browsers.
- Elements with PIE applied now react to mouse events (hover/click/etc.) throughout their entire background area, rather than just on their text contents.
- A workaround has been put in place to prevent the CSS3 rendering elements from getting out of sync with the position and dimensions of the target element in IE8.
- Styling of
<button/>elements has been fixed.
- No longer throws an error when applied to hidden elements or elements with 0x0 dimensions.
- Background images are now clipped more accurately in IE8, preventing extra pixels bleeding around non-repeated images and making sure repeated images go all the way to the edges.
- Various minor performance improvements.
- PIE has been relicensed under a dual-license model. In addition to the Apache 2 license, you may now alternatively use PIE under the terms of the GPL2. This allows it to be distributed in open source channels such as drupal.org and wordpress.org.
I’d like to give a huge thanks to the community for their overwhelming support and encouragement since the first release, and for the excellent bug reports and testcases they have produced to help make PIE better. Keep ‘em coming! You guys rock!